Everyone loves home-baked treats, and one of the most popular baked items at la Vista is chocolate cake. Chef Lincoln’s love affair is with good – good, wholesome food.
We use ingredients from the la Food Forest when possible, and when not we use the freshest ingredients and stay away from additives and preservatives as much as possible. We are excited about the new recipes that our chef will be sharing with guests and encourage you to tune in.
A recent study conducted at the University of New York has proven that there are several benefits of chocolate cake. Good news for us; once ingested often, chocolate has positive results on psychological performance and may even improve your memory and abstract thinking. And believe it or not, it also may encourage weight loss!
Either way, we are happy to treat our guests to Chef Lincoln’s Chocolate Cake. Enjoy a slice while sitting in the restaurant or enjoy it while basking in the sun while you take in the best view in Plett poolside or from your own private patio. Our talented chef creates wonderful dishes and we plan to share his recipes with guests and friends of la Vista, so follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Now more than ever, it is important to maintain a healthy immune system. We are passing on healthy options to our guests and are confident you will find our recipes tasty and irresistible. Read more about the la Food Forest and start planning your stay at la Vista.
THERMOMIX DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE
If you can’t stand the heat of a chocolate induced coma, stay out of the la Vista dining area when this delectable cake is on the menu. It’s a creamy, gooey and crunchy chocolate fantasy sprinkled with a dusting of icing sugar – the perfect complement to the perfect day.
- 150g butter, unsalted, cut into pieces, plus extra for greasing
- 6 free-range eggs, separated
- Pinch of salt
- 200g sugar
- 250g dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 50g flour
Useful items from the pantry
- Springform tin (22cm)
- 2 x mixing bowls
- Electric Beater
Thermomix Dark Chocolate Cake step-by-step
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease Springform tin and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the 6 free-range egg whites with an added pinch of salt until stiff.
- Add 20g sugar and combine using an electric beater until firm, and then set aside.
- In a separate bowl add 180g of sugar and the egg yolks, and 150g unsalted butter, cut into pieces. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add 250g melted dark chocolate and combine.
- Whisk in 50g plain flour until combined.
- Add reserved egg whites and combine.
- Pour the batter into the Springform tin and bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Best eaten anytime of the day, breakfast lunch or supper!